Thursday, January 1, 2009

little hawks! and Christmas secrets!









Hawks win Outback bowl! 31-10. Lucy and Daisy watched the game with us. Lucy was very happy with the win. Typical of Daisy, she was a little indifferent.

I haven't blogged for quite awhile. People who don't write blogs but like to read them might not understand that it can be a touchy thing to write a blog. Some bloggers put themselves 'out there' and spout off about everything and anything - offensive and sensitive - egg head and nogg heads. My blog usually is pretty light hearted and trys to stay away from topics that I don't fully understand - which leaves out everything! (not truly - but almost). Also, I love my family and would love to blog more about them. The reasons that I haven't are obvious to me. There were secret things in the works that I didn't want them to read on my blog! Things like the projects I was working on for gifts.
Christmas is over for another year so now I can share what I was most proud of. ....I made a Christmas stocking for my daughter's fiance, Colson. It was a challenge for me, as I really hadn't knit too much of anything for 30 years, let alone a Christmas stocking. Being the virgo I am, I ripped the thing out at least 3 times before I felt it was worthy of staying the course! I know Katie was more excited about it than Colson - it's not really a guy thing.
The story behind the stocking is worth mentioning. My husband's grandma knit all the stockings for our family (aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, brothers, etc.) Grandma has been gone for around 8 years and no one else in the has tackled the knitted stocking. It took us at least 3 years to find the pattern after she was gone. (When we found it in her belongings I made a dozen copies of it!)
When Katie got engaged early in October, I knew the stocking would be a priority for me. After several false starts, I managed to kick it into high gear and get it done! Thanks to Joan Roberts for explaining some knitting terms to me. Now I'm ready to do it again!

4 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...

Yea!!! You posted! I have one question. What's a nogg head?

Cristina Leonard said...

PS. I love the pix of the girls! So cute.

cindi's blahg blahg blahg said...

I probably meant knott head - but I was drinking egg nog at the time!

Jeanne Craine said...

I love the picture of the little cheerleaders!